Sunday, January 11, 2009

2nd Annual Primary President's Breakfast

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve. It doesn't matter where. It doesn't matter when. I am thankful the Lord has enough faith in me, as imperfect as I am, to love me enough to give me opportunities to serve Him in various capacities throughout my life. I am honored to serve currently as the Colleyville, Texas Stake Primary President. Believe me, I am learning more from the wonderful sisters serving in the Primaries in the 12 wards throughout our stake than I am sure they are learning from me. The sisters with whom I serve and have served with are as wonderful as they come; Tracy, Laura, Alene and Christine. I have learned so much from each of them. They each have special qualities that I hope to develop more fully within myself. I love each of them and am thankful for their willingness to serve alongside of me.

On the 2nd Saturday of each new year, I host a breakfast for the 12 Primary presidents in my home. It is such a wonderful opportunity to visit intimately yet casually with each of these special women. It provides a chance for them to visit and share with one another. They are each unique and different in their own special ways, yet the task set before them is the same, to "Teach children the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them learn to live it." We learned, we shared, we felt the Spirit as we spoke of the sacred calling that is ours; to teach and love the special children of God entrusted to our care in this season of our lives.

I enjoyed preparing this occasion for these special sisters. Here's a look...


Names tags ready for the arriving guests.


A beautiful table.

Yummy vanilla yogurt parfaits.
A simple table favor entitled "Bloom Where You are Planted."

The first and last verse reads:
Our children are a gift from God
Trusted to our care;
We teach eternal gospel truths
And our testimonies share.

You are the gardner in their early season
A gift that's freely granted;
Primary is your garden home -
Blooom where you are planted.

(We enjoyed delicious croissant egg-custard cups, blueberry muffins, mini-cinnamon rolls, croissants, yummy fresh fruit and various juices.)

After viewing the video "Teach the Child" and sharing my testimony of this work, I presented these sisters with this picture of the Dallas, Texas temple and the 2009 Primary theme, My Eternal Family. It is our deepest desire that each and every Primary child be part of an Eternal Family.
It was a wonderful and successful morning. I loved it! I hope all of these special sisters did too!

5 comments:

  1. Dina, You are the QUEEN!! How fun and you have a way of making everyone feel so good!I hope you can rub off on me! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so lucky and honored to have been able to attend such a wonderful morning. It was beautiful, delightful and spiritually uplifting. Thank you so much for all your hard work, dear friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the top, as usual! What a beautiful table! You are amazing, Dina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching all of your little trweeking of your blog!! It looks beautiful. I need you to come teach me!! :)

    ReplyDelete