Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

~Lee Greenwood

I love three-day weekends. This holiday weekend even my Handsome Husband was home. He starting checking his 'honey-d0' list off one by one today. Some painting, some organizing, a trip to Good Will and a few other odds and ends.

I, of course, make a good supervisor. I busied myself with making Funeral Potatoes for a funeral today and a few other things.

But, today, I couldn't let Memorial Day go by without thinking about, with extreme humility and gratitude, the many men and women throughout the history of this country who have given the ultimate sacrifice so that I might have the opportunity to live in this blessed of all lands.

In my home, we reverence those who have ever served our country, living or dead. It is because of them, their love of our country, their courage to stand for what is right and good that we enjoy the unparalelled blessings that we do today.

Today, on Memorial Day, from the bottom on my heart, Thank You.

Here's the sign I posted on our marquis this weekend.

This morning, to my delight, many flags were flying this morning here in Stonebridge. I hope there were many flags flying in your neighborhoods, too. Enjoy...














2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dina. A nice reminder that others feel as we do about those who have serve and do serve our country. God bless America! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete