Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Friendly Surprise

Last Saturday was Madie Rousseau's baptism. We were so excited to attend this special event and celebrate afterwards with her and her family. She looked absolutely beautiful in her beautiful white dress and perfectly done hair. It was a beautiful baptism.

Afterwards, we enjoyed a wonderful luncheon at the Rousseau's home. Christine is a wonderful cook, but an even better hostess. She has the perfect knack for making everyone feel extremely comfortable and welcome in her and Leslie's home. She served delicious pulled pork sandwiches, the best potato salad ever, the most awesome pasta salad, a healthy veggie tray, a yummy fresh fruit salad and, at Madie's request, grilled hot dogs and individual bags of chips for the kids. We served a cookie cake for dessert. And in case that wasn't enough, at the last minute, Chef Christine whipped up an unbelievable Triple Berry Cobbler right on the spot. Let me just say, there wasn't much left over at the end of the afternoon!

We might have overstayed our welcome a bit when Sydnie and I stayed to selfishly visit with Christine and her wonderful friends and continue playing with the kids. As we visited, we cleaned up the kitchen a little and got it back to normal so that Christine and her family could easily enjoy the rest of their wonderful weekend together. What a surprise when my dear friend showed up yesterday with a special 'thank you'.

Christine, simply being my dear friend is indeed thanks enough. You are such a wonderful example to me of optimism, selflessness, service and unconditional love for others. I am truly a better person for having you in my life. Thank You!!

My 'Spicy Red-Head' was so excited!
She loves those cute Rousseau kids.

Christine always wins the prize for creativity.

Gorgeous roses.

Today they are starting to bloom.
Roses just make you smile, don't they?

2 comments:

  1. Okay! I want to be Christine! All I have to say, though, is what goes around, comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me miss all of you too much!

    ReplyDelete