Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grateful Sundays

"There is gratitude for our mothers. Mothers, who willingly made that personal journey into the valley of the shadow of death to give us birth, deserves our undying gratitude. One writer summed up our love for mothers when he declared, 'God could not be everywhere, and so He gave us mothers.

While on the cruel cross of Calvary, suffering intense pain and anguish, Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother!' (John 19:26-27.) What a divine example of gratitude and love!" --Thomas S. Monson

Today is Mother's Day, 2009. Here are a few things I'm grateful for this week.

* My Mother. My mother is the kindest, most loving, gentle, soft-spoken, selfless, and serving person you might ever meet. She has been such a wonderful example to me of all things good. She gives me courage and strength to go forth in life and conquer whatever challenges might be set before me. She is my quiet cheerleader. I am honored to be her daughter and to be able to call her my mother. But I'm even more blessed to call her My Friend. For My Mother, Thank You.

* My Kids. If you would have told me 25 years ago I would be the proud mother of 4 beautiful children, I might have called you a bit crazy. But after almost 22 years of a happy marriage and 3 beautiful daughters and 1 wonderful son later, I called myself extremely blessed.

Each one of my children is as different as the seasons of the year. Each brings such different and unique gifts and talents to our family. I can't imagine being on this journey of eternal life without each one of them. They teach me more about life than I could ever hope to teach them. For a loving Heavenly Father who has enough trust in me to bless me with such unbelievable and special children, Thank You.

* Wonderful Women. When we begin this life's journey, little did we know that we would have the opportunity to work with, become friends with, be influenced by and love the wonderful women that we would have the great fortune to cross paths with. I am thankful for the wonderful women throughout my life who have taught me in Primary, Young Women and Relief Society. I am thankful for wonderful women who have shared their knowledge about food storage, exercise and their zest for life. I am thankful for wonderful women who have taught me to bake the best loaves of bread and many other goodies. I am thankful for wonderful women who have taught me the blessings of service by their personal actions. I am thankful for wonderful women who have shared their personal wisdom with me and have reminded me that it's not always about the destination, but about the journey; to stop and enjoy the little things; that life, when you really get down to it, is truly about relationships and love. For all the Wonderful Women who have influenced my life, Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. the part about women who have taught you about baking bread reminded me of the time Micki Niland taught us her moms recipe for bread. I still make it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, honey. I love you. You enrich my life every day. Mom

    ReplyDelete