Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just a Little Trip to Utah...

I took a trip to Utah in May.  My mom and I attended a Calyco Healing Workshop held in Saint George, Utah.  It was such a treat to spend a week with my family in the beautiful state of Utah.  Here are a few pics...

Me, my brother Brandon, his boy, Braxton and my beautiful sister, Danae.

Two of my favorite people.  Mom and Dad.

My parents literally live right behind the Jordan River Temple.
The flowers this spring were absolutely spectacular.

A sea of white and purple tulips.

Blossoms, tulips, flowers, everywhere!

Pinks and purples...

"Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me."

In this sea of white and pink flowers, there was a lone orange tulip.  It reminded me that even though we might think we are different, we are each unique, special and beautiful in our own way.

It's not every day you get to see one of the largest copper mines in the world!

Brigham "Y"oung University


My mom and I stayed at this quaint Bed and Breakfast.  There were nine beautifully restored homes nestled in a garden-like setting around the "Village Green" right in the heart of old town St. George.   

What's the history behind the name "Green Gate" Village? In 1877, Brigham Young ordered white paint for the new St. George Temple. When the shipment finally arrived by wagon he was disappointed to learn that the paint was green, not white. Unable to return it, he gave the green paint to local St. George residents to gild their gates and fences. Only one of those green gates still remain from a 131 years ago and is on display in the formal garden.


Mom and I stayed in the Granery Suite.  It has a lovely sitting room, large spacious bedroom and bath.  What a fun week spent with my mom!



The beautiful St. George Tabernacle was right across the street from our Bed and Breakfast.


The St. George Temple is spectacular.  You can see it from most every place in St. George.  The white of the temple is in such stark contrast to the beautiful red rock of St. George.  (Note to self...St. George would be an excellent place to retire!!!  I'm not old enough to say that, am I?)

"Heaven... I'm in Heaven!..."
There's not much I wouldn't do for a Cafe Rio Salad!!

Delicious!!

I couldn't believe that there was so much snow still in the mountains the last week of May...
(Aren't these mountains gorgeous!)

1 comment:

  1. i stayed at that b&b with my mom once; it's so cute. looks like a fun trip, we miss you guys!! (and thanks for your sweet comments about me being primary pres. i think it will be okay, i have had great role models {you!})

    ReplyDelete