Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grateful Sundays

"I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing."
...Louise L. Hay

Mikenzie and Kellie having a karaoke moment...

Where has the month of July gone?  Here are just a few of the things I'm grateful for this week.

Navigation Systems.  Getting used to a new area would be nearly impossible if it weren't for my handy, dandy navigation systems.  I have one in my car, one on my phone and just in case either one of those is leading me in the wrong direction, Bob bought me a Tom Tom.  I am sure to get to my destination now.  The only thing about these navigation systems, is it seems like they are so anxious for me to see the beautiful scenery of Pennsylvania and Delaware, that often they lead me on the most scenic route available, which is not often the shortest.  Oh well.  For the Modern Technology of Navigation Systems, Thank You.

New Callings.  Well, we've been here not even quite two months and Bob and I have received our first callings in the West Chester Ward.  (Funny thing, our ward in Cincinnati was called the West Chester Ward, too...)  I am so excited to be serving as the 2nd counselor in Relief Society over RS activities (formerly known as Enrichment meetings).  I am so happy to be able to serve with the wonderful sisters in our ward.  Our relief society president, Sister Ali Brown is absolutely amazing.  She and her family are from England and have been here in the states for almost 11 years.  She is a spiritual giant.  And of course, her beautiful English accent is mesmorizing.  I am so fortunate to be able to learn from and serve with her.  Wish me luck, my first lesson is next Sunday.  It's been so long since I've taught a class to adults!!  (Bob will be serving as the Teachers Quorum advisor in Young Men and as an assistant Venture (?) Scout leader.  He will love it!)  For the Opportunity to Serve in New Callings, Thank You.

My Girl Sue.  Sydnie flew in to Philadelphia and spent a week or so with us here.  She got to see our home and her room for the first time.  I think she liked it.  It was so great to have her home.  Yes, it was a little more lively, if you know what I mean. But it just felt like home.  She's already made some fast friends as she attended our Stake's Trek activity for the youth.  They spent 3 days near Gettysburg reenacting the pioneer trek toward the Great Salt Lake Valley.  My Girl Sue is one tough cookie.  She had a great time even when the handcart ran over her foot.  She is a special girl!  I hope she'll always know how much I love her.  For My Girl Sue, Thank You!

Rain.  You don't know how important rain is until you don't have any for a month or so.  Today we got a 30 minute downpour that was desparately needed.  The ground drank up every drop of the gift from the sky.  It's been very hot and humid here the past 3 weeks or so.  I think I may just go outside and do a little rain dance and see if I can tempt the heavens to send us some more moisture.  Wish me luck!  For the Gift of Rain, Thank You.

Bored/Board Games.  When the kids seem a little bit bored, I suggest the old-fashioned, non-technical Board Games.  Recentely, they actually took me up on the offter.  The kids have been having a ball playing Life and Monopoly.  They have even rediscovered Yahtzee.  They have been having a wonderful time sitting at the kitchen table playing nicely with each other.  I occasionally hear a kind word and maybe even a little laughter, too.  For the Gift of Board Games, Thank You.

4 comments:

  1. we miss you guys! your library looks beautiful, i love the wood tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina! It's so great to "hear" your voice! I sure miss you (all of you)! You will be wonderful (of course) in RS! They are so lucky to have you!

    I LOVE board games! It's a running joke in my family (growing up)...I was always the one going around begging everyone to play a game with me (I still do it when we visit too). :) Scrabble anyone?

    Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT picture! Totally loving that the composer statues even made an appearance! Sounds like you guys are totally fitting in! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so happy for the blessings being poured out on your family! We sure miss you here!

    ReplyDelete