Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grateful Sundays

"Gratitude creates the most wonderful feeling. It can resolve disputes. It can strengthen friendships. And it makes us better men and women."-- Gordon B. Hinckley

Here are a few things I'm grateful for this week.

* Frequent Flier Miles. My Handsome Husband spends much of his time traveling around the globe doing business. This week I am the lucky recipient of some of his frequent flier miles that enabled me to 'jet' down to Houston this week and spend time with my dear friend, Jan, and her sweet baby twin girls. To American Airlines, and the opportunity to 'cash-in' some frequent flier miles, Thank You.

* Friends. True friends are ones where distance of time and space doesn't matter. I am so lucky to have such friends. Being with Jan this week was so wonderful. For the blessing of friends, both near and far, Thank You!

* A Cold Snap. I know. Nobody likes the cold in Texas. But this week it was a welcome surprise that enabled my life to be simplified. If the weather had been warm, my Handsome Husband and The Best Boy in the World would have been on an overnight camp out (which they would have loved) but I would have had to totally figure out the carpool thing with Kellie's soccer game, and a few other obligations. Thanks to the cold weather, the overnight camp out and the soccer game were canceled. So, a morning that looked like a logistical nightmare was somehow now very manageable. For the unexpected cold snap, Thank You.

* Primary Teachers. Today, my presidency facilitated a Teacher In-Service in a ward in our stake. We shared with these wonderful teachers the blessing of the calling which is theirs as Primary teachers, the importance of their stewardship, a variety of teaching methods to use in their lessons and also how to prepare spiritually for their their lessons each week. The Spirit was strong as we testified to them of the importance of their calling. President David O. McKay has said, "No greater responsibility can rest upon any man or woman than to be a teacher of God's children." For caring, loving Primary teachers who love the children of the church, Thank You.

* Beautiful Music. Today, in sacrament meeting, the choir sang a beautiful arrangement of "God So Loved the World". It was absolutely lovely. Then, a sweet sister from a neighboring ward, played an unbelievable arrangement of 'I Know That My Redeemer Lives' on her violin accompanied by my sweet friend, Angi. The Spirit was so strong as each movement of her bow testified of the Savior and his love for each of us. For beautiful music that literally puts a lump in my throat, Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment