Thursday, March 26, 2009

God Could Not Be Everywhere, So He Created Mothers

In the Bible Dictionary under miracle it reads, "Miracles were and are a response to faith, and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need and faith." So it is with my dear friend, Jan's miracle. Not once, did Jan ever lose faith that one day her arms would hold her own sweet children who would someday call her, 'mama'. Her story truly is about faith and the miracles that follow.

Meet Annaliese Gayle and Mittia Sue Skousen. My sweet friend Jan and her 'Handsome Husband', Jeff, have eagerly awaited these sweet girls arrival for nearly twenty years. And on March 12, 2009, they finally arrived. It was my pleasure to take a quick trip to Houston and spend a couple of days with Jan and these babies before she takes them home to Arizona for a lifetime of love.

What a special treat to undeniably feel close to heaven these past few days as we held these two precious spirits, listened to their whisper breaths and watched with amazing awe the perfectness of each tiny finger and toe. To my special friend, Jan. Thank you. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for letting me peek into heaven this week with you. You are amazing...and I love you.


Mattia and Annaliese

Oh, to be the mother of a newborn again.

Double the Joy!


I wanted to take them home. (Almost!)


I wish you could all meet my sweet friend, Jan.
You would adore her!
And you would be her friend for life!!


4 comments:

  1. My heart just swells every time I look at these pictures. What a beautiful gift they have given each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful girls - I'll take two as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear sweet angel friend Dina, you are the best!!! We miss you, and will treasure our special time w/you FOREVER!!! Thank you...you are an amazing lady, wife, and mother, friend, and daughter, oh...and sister! I LOVE YOU! Jan

    ReplyDelete