Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grateful Sundays

"If you want to feel rich,
just count all of things you have that money can't buy."     
 Anonymous

On this rainy Sunday afternoon in April, here's just a few things I'm thankful for.



*  A Handsom Husband.  Bob was in town the last part of this week for the Army Aviation Association of America (Quad A) conference held here in Ft. Worth.  How nice it was to have dinner together as a family this week and just hang out together.  I am so grateful for Bob's new job, which he loves.  It's so wonderful to see his passion for life and his love of aviation in in full swing again.  For A Very Handsome Husband, Thank You.

* A Pennsylvania Home...finally.  We were finally able to close on our new home in Pennsylvania.  Bob is living there now, doing lots of touch-ups and things that need done.  We have loved living here in Texas and I have loved this home.  But I am ready to let it be loved and enjoyed by it's new owners.  Instead of feeling sorrow leaving this wonderful place called Texas,  we are happy and excited that we will take the best of Texas with us to share with others.  For Our New Home In Pennsylvania, Thank You.

*  A New Calling.  It has been a long time since I've had a calling in Young Women.  I am excited to be the Personal Progress leader for the Beehives in our ward.  I am so excited, because not only will I be encouraging and helping the 12 and 13 year olds, but I have started on the journey of completing my own Personal Progress.  One of my biggest regrets of my teenage years is thinking I was too big, old or important for Church.  I wish I would have stayed where I knew I should have been and been doing the things I know I should have been doing.  For A New Calling That Gives Me A Second Change To Complete My Own Personal Progress While Motivating Others, Thank You.

*  Boys Who Love To Camp...  Blake and Bob went on the Scout campout Friday night.  Even though it has rained nearly non-stop for most of the weekend, just being together, I'm sure, they had a great time.  Blake was in charge of breakfast.  His dad said 'He made some mean scrambled eggs.'  Blake served some very welcome breakfast burritos with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and and salsa, along with fried potatoes, cinnamon rolls, bananas and orange juice.  Let me just say, nothing came back home.  For Boys Who Love To Camp, Thank You.

* The Miracle of Spring.  What a wet weekend we've had.  The pool is nearly over-flowing.  But I think Kellie said it best, "Mom, I bet the trees and flowers really like this rain."  I think she's right. After the dull, dark and cold of winter, spring brings with it renewed hope of sunshine, and an opportunity as things once perceived dead come to life again.  For The Miracle of Spring, Thank You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment