Sunday, April 25, 2010

Grateful Sunday

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
                                                               Ralph Waldo Emerson


On this quiet Sunday evening, here's a few things I'm thankful for this week...

* "SOLD"  On Thursday, we accepted an offer on our home here in Texas.  It was a little bitter sweet.  But it is a sweet relief to look forward with anticipation and excitement to our move to Pennsylvania.  I am so happy to know that the family that bought our home is excited.  They actually came four times to visit the house, and the last time the new owner actually left me a note.  It read, "Mrs. Fitzpatrick, Your home is beautiful and we are so excited!  It will be well cared for!"  I am so grateful to know that this home will hold many more happy memories for a family that will love it and take care of it as we have."  For our Texas Home that is Sold, Thank You.

*  My Health.  With allergy season in full swing here in Texas, I am so grateful for my health.  Sydnie must have inherited her dad's allergies.  She is coughing and sneezing up a storm.  Except for a bum knee, I have always enjoyed pretty good health.  Nothing makes you appreciate your health more than being sick or being injured.  For My Good Health, Thank You!

*  It's A Girl Cousin!    My sister is expecting her fifth child, due in September.  She found out this week that she is actually having a girl.  I love her post on facebook.  "A little girl's deepest prayer comes true...Lila is having a sister!"  I'm sure my sweet sister, Danae, cried tears of joy, too!  She is the amazing mother of 3 wonderful boys and one adorable girl.  Now their family just might be complete!  For the Blessing of a New Baby Girl Cousin, Thank You!

* Just Hanging Out With Kellie.  I had promised my adorable Kellie at least three weeks ago that I would take her to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  Things just kept getting in the way.  On Saturday, I knew I couldn't take hearing, "Mom, when are we going to the movies?  You promised!" one more time, so off we went.  Kellie loved the show and I loved being with Kellie.  For a Fun Afternoon, Just Hanging Out With Kellie, Thank You.

* A Thoughtful Boy.  This morning as we were getting ready for church, I reminded Blake that I needed to iron his new church pants and shirt before he got ready this morning.  He said they were fine (even though I knew they were wrinkled.)  I told him that now that he was a Deacon passing the sacrament, he had an important job to do that required him to always be, act and look his best.  I reminded him that before the Savior was crucified he instituted the Last Supper and served bread and water to His disciples in remembrance of His body and His blood.  And that as a deacon, he was in fact, acting in place of Christ, serving the sacrament to all of us in the congregation, because we are His disciples here on earth.  He understood the significance of his calling a little bit more and quickly got his clothes ready to be pressed so that he might look his best performing his priesthood responsibilities.  For A Thoughtful Boy, Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment