Monday, February 16, 2009

Grateful Sundays

"Gracias, danke, merci whatever language is spoken, 'thank you' frequently expressed will cheer your spirit, broaden your friendships, and lift your lives to a higher pathway as you journey toward perfection. There is a simplicity even a sincerity when 'thank you' is spoken."--Thomas S. Monson

Another week. Here's a few things I'm grateful for.

* Chocolate. Nothing makes me smile like a little taste of chocolate. This week Chris Hickson taught us how to make Chocolate Molton Lava Cakes. Oh my. Were they yummy. They were so easy I made them for my family for dessert on Valentine's day. Chris, for sharing your chocolate dessert talents, Thank you.

* Valentines. How much fun was it to watch 'The Best Boy in the World' and Kellie get their valentines ready to take to their classmates. Such a good reminder to all of us to find something special about everyone in our lives. Thank you.

* My Dad. I love my dad. He has always been such a rock to me. I know I can count on him for anything. He has never led me wrong. When asked for his advice, it is always 'spot on'. I know my dad will never lead me astray. I value his council, his friendship and his abiding love for his country and mine. A daughter could not be prouder of her father than I. I only wish at times I lived closer to tell him in person how much he means to me. For just being you, Dad, I love you and thank you.

* Friends. What would we do without them? Life would be less for sure. My good friend Stacey has a gift with flowers. She is the 'Flower Girl'. This week, her flower shop made a beautiful arrangement for my Handsome Husband's secretary, Pat, for her birthday. When I dropped of a gift of my own, I saw the beautiful arrangement that had been delivered. It was stunning. No babies breath or leather leaf in sight. Just a beautiful arrangement lovingly planned by watched over by a special friend. Stacey, Thank you!

1 comment: