Sunday, February 1, 2009

Grateful Sundays

"Our society is afflicted by a spirit of thoughtless arrogance unbecoming those who have been so magnificently blessed. How grateful we should be for the bounties we enjoy. Absence of gratitude is the mark of the narrow, uneducated mind. It bespeaks a lack of knowledge and the ignorance of self-sufficiency. It expresses itself in ugly egotism and frequently in wanton mischief....Where there is appreciation, there is courtesy and there is concern for the rights and property of others. Without appreciation, there is arrogance and evil. Where there is gratitude, there is humility, as opposed to pride. (Gordon B. Hinckley)

Already it is the first of February. Here are a few things I'm grateful for this week.

* A great haircut and color. My good friend, Angi is the BEST haircutter and colorer ever. It never fails, I always feel and look better after having been the recipient of her talents. Thanks, Angi for always brightening up not only my hair but my life!! Thanks you!

* An expired Visa. My Handsome Husband was suppossed to be off traveling the world. But thanks to an expired Visa, we have had the pleasure of having him around all week and this weekend, too. Sometimes someone's misfortune is another's fortune. This week it was ours! Thank you!!

* One kid down, three to go. I am thankful that Mikenzie has FINALLY had her last trip to the orthodontist. No more retainer checks for this girl. Her teeth are beautiful. Her last instructions from Dr. Grove are to continue wearing her retainers at night for the next 3 months, then cut back one night a week continually each 3 months until she is only wearing them at night 1 night a week for the rest of her life. Oh, the price we pay for beauty. (Literally!) Thanks, Dr. Groves, for giving Mikenzie a beautiful smile she can be proud of!!

* An unexpected ice day. - Boy, was it nice to have a day to get a little extra sleep and play catch up. And it was the 'Best Boy in the World's' birthday to boot. What a nice surprise! Thank you!

* Friends. What would I do without great friends? This week my friends not only gave me great hair, but they are also are the first to step up and offer to help out in anything I need. I couldn't have pulled off the Stake Girls Activity without the help of my awesome friends who always are willing to help shoulder the responsibility as well as all of the fun. Thanks, Friends. I Love You!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Blogger Queen! Great updates!! Look how busy you gave been. Fun fun cooking class. Loved the Activity Day activity. What a success. Thanks for sharing your fun fun life life.

    Love ya,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe I should check what I write before I send it on to you..sorry for all of the mistakes.. My brain works faster than my hands do!:)

    ReplyDelete