Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Beautiful Girl


A daughter is...
the happy memories of the past,
the joyful moments of the present,
and the hope and promise of the future.

- Anonymous



Last night was the Priest & Laurel Prom for youth from all over the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. No dates, just plain fun with people you know and the hope of meeting many others who share like values. My Mikenzie was so excited to go and had been counting down the days for weeks.

Half the fun of any big event is the anticipation and actually getting ready. It was fun helping Mikenzie get ready for this exciting night. These days are passing far too quickly. I know I will look back on these times with fondness and wish I could have my 'little girl' sitting in my bathroom again, helping her with her makeup, curling her blonde hair, and talking about silly things that only mothers and daughters talk about.

Mikenzie looked beautiful from her curly blonde hair (which is naturally bone straight) to her lovely rose-colored dress to her strappy silver sandals. She had a fabulous time in true formal 'Texas' fashion. The food was delicious Texan barbeque and the band played everything from country to pop. There was even an mechanical bull for those who were brave enough to try. She got home in the wee hours of the morning, barefoot, with strappy sandals in hand and a big smile on her face. I'm so glad she had a wonderful time!!



Mikenzie? She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside!

2 comments:

  1. My eyes are brimming with tears. Mikenzie is so beautiful and I love her so much! She is one amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quote from Lila .... "WHO is that?... Is that Mikenzie?... She looks like a WOMAN!"

    ReplyDelete