Sunday, March 1, 2009

Grateful Sundays

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."-- Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance

What a crazy, busy, wonderful week. Here's a few things I'm grateful for...

* Wonderful in-laws. Bob's mom and dad came to visit us on Valentine's Day. They came to celebrate my Handsome Husband's 45 birthday and to get a change of scenery from their beautiful desert home in Tempe, Arizona. Because of their visit, I was able to leave my kids in wonderful hands for a whole week to go and help my parents move. I couldn't ask for better grandparents for my kids. 'Nanny' and 'Pop' are loving, dedicated and fun. (And Pop is the best dog walker ever!) I am so grateful for their willingness to help out our family with a moment's notice. Thank you.

* A strong body. This past week I was able to go home to Utah and help my parents pack away (and throw away and donate) 30 years of memories. I was so happy to be able in some small way to repay my parents for ALL that they have done for me and my family throughout the many times they have helped me and my sister move across the country. My dad is recovering from eye surgery and it is imperative that he not lift anything or even bend over. My brother was out of town most of the week, which left me, my sister (who probably weighs 110 pounds soaking wet) and my mom to do all of the heavy lifting. I know it was nearly breaking my dad's heart to watch the three of us do the work that he was wishing he was able to do. I know that the Lord gave us the strength we needed to lift heavy furniture, pack and move heavy boxes and all the many other tasks that moving entails. We were also given the gift of increased energy. We only got 4-5 hours of sleep each night, but we were refreshed and ready to start each new day. In a way, my dad reminds me of myself and my relationship with the Savior. When we have done all that we can do and are unable to do anything more, our Savior shows up to do the 'heavy lifting'. We just need to rely on Him and He will help us complete our 'move'. I'm grateful for a strong body and a Savior, Jesus Christ.

* Soccer. Yes. It's soccer season once again. Blake and Kellie are busy pulling on their shin guards, lacing up their soccer cleats, grabbing a water bottle and heading to the soccer field. Soccer reminds me that a little heathy competition never hurt anyone; that it's okay to lose if you try your best; that having good sportsmanship is more important than winning; and that being outside, breathing fresh air and getting your heart to pound is a good thing. Thanks for the reminder.

* A very kind Keller policeman. Need I say more? Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to ask ya about the Keller Policeman! :) Gald you are home!

    ReplyDelete