Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our "Sundae" B.E.S.T.

Yesterday was our annual Colleyville, Texas Stake Primary Girls Activity Day Conference for all girls 8-11 years old. Our theme was Our "Sundae" B.E.S.T. We had a grand time discovering the Best about our "B"odies. How we can be the Best "E"xamples. How to be our Best "S"piritually. And how to Best develop our individual "T"alents. The girls rotated through the 4 rooms and took notes on their specially made individual notebooks. Afterwards, we all met together in the cultural hall for ice cream sundaes. I spoke to them for just a minute on how all of these things together make us our best not only on Sunday, but every day of the week! We all had a super fun time! I can't wait til next year!

Welcome to your "Sundae B.E.S.T."

Nancy made each girl their own notepad with some awesome quotes.


"The healthy man (or girl) who takes care of her physical being has strengh and vitality. Her temple is a fit place to reside." David O. McKay

The girls enjoying some healthy snacks. Sister Angela Gutierrez and Heather Bair led this group. The girls learned how to make exercise fun and how to eat healthy. They were reminded of the story of Daniel in the Old Testament and how the Word of Wisdom blesses our lives.

"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12


Sister Laura Weaver and Chloe Tollestrup led this class. Laura is one of my counselors. Did I tell you she's awesome? The girls learned that everywhere they go they have the opportunity to be an example to others in their words and actions.

"Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." D&C 88-63

Sister Christine Rousseau (Sister CTR) and Lindsey Grant led this group. The girls learned how to help their own personal testimonies grow. The also learned the importance of personal prayer and serving others.

"My talents may not be great, but I can use them to bless the lives of others. I can be one who does his work with pride in that which comes from his hand and mind." Gordon B. Hinckley


Sister Nancy Schoen and Carley Schoen led this group. The girls learned that they each have unique and important talents. They can bless their own life and the lives of others when they share their talents.

The sprinkles, whipped cream and cherry table.


These girls LOVE ice cream!!
My friend, Nancy serving up ice cream. I think we might have been separated at birth. We both love BIG hair and you know, a little bit of bling never hurt anyone! Seriously, Nancy's middle names are Creative and Talent! Love Her!!

The tables had sherbet colored tablecloths sprinkled with Skittles. Each girl went home with their own special ice cream bowl and spoon to remind them to always be their 'Sundae' B.E.S.T.

Cassidy Schoen and my Kellie

I can't remember if this is Kellie's 2nd or 3rd bowl of ice cream?

Every girl wanted to take a balloon home. We were happy to oblige. There were many!

I couldn't resist taking this picture of these darling 8-11 year old girls.They are as sweet as they come! This is why our job is so easy....Look at these faces!! They just radiate Goodness!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like it turned out great!! So sorry for having to cancel last minute...believe me, I already had some really funny songs to go along with cultivating your talents! But, I mean to have Nancy step in is like having Sarah Brightman step in for Taylor Swift...no comparison! :) You ladies are making memories for these little girls that they will never forget!

    ReplyDelete