Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just Another Snow Day...

It's the second snow day of the week.  The best part of all?  Sleeping in, of course!  (Until you remember that your Handsome Husband is out of town and the responsibility of clearning the driveway falls to you, and hopefully a few cooperative kids...)

The view from the front door.

The view from the back deck.  Those limbs are HEAVY with snow.

Kellie and Gracie on the driveway.  I'm not sure Grace really likes the snow.
The snow is about 14 inches deep.  And our drive way is LONG.  Let's get to it.  Got my boots on, my gloves on, my sunglasses on and my IPOD in my ears...

This snow was deep and very heavy.  This is going to take a while. Where,oh where is Bob when I need him?

The streets have already been plowed.  Now I just need to be able to get down to them.

Lucky for us, we have a VERY kind neighbor who, I'm sure took pity on a poor, old mother and her children and lent us his awesome snowblower.  Lucky us!!  Get to it, Blake!!  (I think some homemade cinnamon rolls would be an ever-so-nice thank you for our kind neighbor.  Don't you think?)

The snow blower did the majority of the work.  But Syndie and I had to get the last inch or so of ice off the driveway with our shovels.  That's okay.  Just listening to some old 80's rock music as I finish the driveway.

Even though Sydnie exhibits some teenage 'tude' occasionally, this girl really does know how to work.  She helped until the bitter end.  There wasn't a flake left on the driveway.  Hard-work ethic and tenacity.  Those are awesome qualities to have.  Ones that will serve her well throughout her life.

3 hours later.....Finished!!

Time for some delicious hot chocolate and an equally delicious hot shower.  Toodles!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a LOT of snow! 3 hours WITH a snowblower? Yikes! But, man alive is it beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete