Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My American Girl





As 2008 draws to a close, one of my resolutions for the New Year is to become a little more technically savvy. (Okay, ALOT more technically savvy). It seems like today is as good a day as any to start, so here goes...

Kellie and I had an awesome day together. It was the perfect Mommy-Daughter date. We took Kellie's two (yes, two) American Girl dolls to the American Girl Bistro in Dallas. The 'four' of us had a delicious lunch together, complete with Kellie's favorite, chocolate shake for dessert.

I am so lucky to have a special little girl to hold hands and spend time with. It all came into perspective today when she looked up at me and said, "Mom, this is fun. I'm glad you weren't too busy today." I needed a gentle reminder that a mother should never be 'too busy' to hold hands with her American girl. Thanks, Kellie.

5 comments:

  1. Awww! What a memorable day! How fun! You are a great mom & wonderful person Dina! I'm so glad you started a blog!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of Emily's favorite places, too! So glad you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dina, what a cute start to your blog (Kellie). I'm not too sure about the deer hunt, but that's another story. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dina, what a good start for your blog. I'll look forward to reading it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so FUN and INTERESTING! A little mom time goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete