Saturday, April 24, 2010

40, Over the Hill? Never!

My sweet friend, Angi, (that's right, there's no 'e'), turned the BIG 4-0 in March.  And you just can't have too much of a good thing, so we're still celebrating!  Krista, Angi and I enjoyed The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Music Hall at Fair Park in Dallas this week.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is probably most noted for his musicals, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Evita, Sunset Boulevard,  and Jesus Christ Superstar.  But I was pleasantly surprised to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Starlight Express and a few others in the playbill. 

Selected songs from these amazing musicals were sung by previous Broadway singers whose voices were phenomenal.  I enjoyed watching the Dallas Symphony Orchestra preform just as much as the vocalists. 

All in all, it was a fun night spend with friends who are in the "Fabulous Forty Club!!"  (And I'd say, we look pretty darn good!)

How can one man have so much talent?

Fabulous and Forty!!

Bravo!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Thank you Thank you! What a GREAT night! You are the best friend ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I bet that show was excellent!

    ReplyDelete